On May 13, 2021
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. 🇺🇸
Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for Senior UX Designer with experience in creating well-crafted user-centered products. You will work on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded web-based applications and services.
We are a remote first organization and you may work anywhere within the US.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Some Federal contracts require a degree in computer science or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
What You’ll Do
- Design work
Sketches and rough prototypes
High fidelity prototypes
Design library contributions
- Business development
Homework and portfolio reviews
Participation in panel interviews
Business development materials
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 8 years experience in design
- Stakeholder engagement
getting information from stakeholders
- Facilitation related to research of and for our users
Design skill mastery
Literacy, or a solid understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Collaboration with others
Owning the full life cycle of a problem
Knowing what steps to do when
Great attention to detail
- Peer mentorship
Giving and receiving peer mentorship from others
Defining goals for the discovery process
Ability to synthesize and interpret information
- Design critiques
Ability to analyze design quality
Ability to present and facilitate a design critique
- Systems level thinking
Analysis of a design system as a whole, and the development of new patterns
- HTML / CSS prototypes
Provides direct and impactful feedback in program team critiques and engages peers in their work. Seeks out feedback from other designers to grow their own skills.
- Sketches, rough prototypes
Low-fidelity wireframes using collaborative tools
- UX Flows
Process maps, journey maps
- High fidelity prototypes
Prototypes that showcase visual design elements, built in a tool such as Sketch. Can also include other visual artifacts including style tiles, mood boards etc.
- Visual design and brand artifacts
- Design library contribution
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.