On May 18, 2021
CompoZed Labs at Allstate are leaders in Agile XP software design and development practices. Our approach to product delivery is fast yet sustainable, and our commitment to working in a balanced team creates an inspiring and innovative environment.
We are looking for talented and passionate Product Designers to join our growing UX Team at CompoZed Labs. You will be responsible for applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver the experience of the products we build to be useful, usable and enjoyable. Working in an Agile XP environment, you will collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, developers, end-users and stakeholders to define, design, ship and iterate products.
About the Company
We are an award-winning employer with national recognition for our employee centric benefits and flexible working environment.
We are specialists in lean and agile software design and development practices. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications, and a cloud platform for applications and data.
• Ability to design & envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment without overly obsessing about getting it right the first time
• Works very closely with another product designer as a design pair in an engagement
• Helps product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
• Shepard product decisions through user research, user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
• Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and analysis
• Create a functioning live deliverable/working code that will replace heavy and unusable documentation
• Ability to immerse themselves in the details of a project, one engagement at a time
• Isn’t afraid to make daily product decisions with the product manager and developers
• Leverages data-driven & analytical to drive decisions
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit and isn’t afraid to do whatever it takes to produce the right product
• Functions more as a design facilitator than an expert designer who knows it all
• Is open to feedback and engages in active listening
• Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities that they do not possess currently
• Will actively collaborate with others even if they are not in the same team
About the role
• Work in pairs effectively with other product designers and/or other project team members that have complementary skills.
• Immerse in the details of a project, working on one engagement at a time.
• Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements.
• Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand.
• Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes.
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
• Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
• Contribute to and promote on-going enhancement of the Allstate UX design tools & methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred. A Masters Degree in a design or research related field is desired.
• Has proficiency is more than one UX discipline: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design, and Front-end development.
• Has at least 5 years of experience designing full-service consumer or business applications.
• Solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and not be afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders, at any level.
• Open to feedback and engages in active listening to improve the practice of product design.
• Have an interest in innovation and continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of tools like Invision App, Sketch, Zeplin, and animation tools like Framer/Pixate is desired.
• Experience using Lean UX methodology is strongly desired.
The minimum salary for this position is $76,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.