On May 14, 2021
Who We Are:
We are a team of 170+ diverse insights experts who are passionate about solving UX challenges and creating experiences people love.
AnswerLab is one of the leading UX Research firm in the US. We help powerful brands such as Amazon, Google, Facebook, FedEx, Wells Fargo, and Walmart bring a human-centered design process to every product launched. We focus on user experience research to understand what people see, do, think, and feel when using websites, mobile applications, voice interfaces, AR/VR, wearables, and other digital products. Our research studies are tailored to our clients’ unique needs to provide clear, actionable recommendations that generate strategic business results.
The secret to our success is no secret: It is the people who work here! We aim to recruit the most skilled and client-focused professionals to join our team. All are devoted to being at the forefront of the user experience industry. We empower them to do what they do best – lead impactful research studies from planning to analysis for the world’s most innovative brands.
Who You Are:
You are a driven, ambitious and results-oriented individual who is deeply passionate about UX Research. You have 5+ years of hands-on experience moderating 1:1 usability studies on large scale websites/mobile devices, and you want to become a part of a team whose mission is to improve the digital world by creating experiences people love. You thrive in a home-based work environment, and you are comfortable conducting research remotely.
The Qualitative UX Researcher Role
AnswerLab is a growing user experience research firm that assists clients in measuring and improving the experience of their online customers. Example research methods include one-on-one usability studies (remote and in-person), eye-tracking, remote usability studies, online and in-person focus groups, mobile device testing, card sorting, ethnography, and quantitative benchmarking studies.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with clients to understand business needs and to craft UX research solutions
- Assisting in the development of screener surveys for identifying clients’ target users
- Monitoring the participant recruiting process
- Developing moderator guides
- Consulting with clients on the development of prototypes for testing
- Managing technical setup for in-person labs
- Moderating remote and in-person user experience research studies or conducting interviews in field
- Analyzing the research findings
- Developing PPT presentations to communicate findings and recommendations
- Presenting to executives
- Keeping projects on schedule and within scope and budget
- Building a trusted advisor relationship with clients
- Contributing to AnswerLab’s knowledge library
- Collaborating with colleagues to solve research challenges
We understand that outstanding candidates can come from a variety of backgrounds. While specific experience is important, we are ultimately looking for candidates who have the personal characteristics to thrive in a growing client-focused business. The qualified candidate will have experience in and meet most of the criteria listed below.
- Leading consulting engagements with clients – either in research specifically or with a management consulting firm that uses analytical data to support conclusions
- 5+ years of hands-on experience moderating 1:1 usability studies, particularly on large scale websites, web-based applications or mobile devices
- Experience in financial services would be ideal
- Designing and writing discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and final reports
- Using online/remote usability tools (i.e. Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Conducting presentations with senior-level business managers and executives
- Working with the Internet and web-based tools
- Demonstrated ability to 1) work independently and drive towards deadlines, 2) produce high-quality deliverables for clients, and 3) think creatively and solve problems
- Ability to engage with business and research managers in Fortune 500 companies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Presentation skills, including building PowerPoint presentations and presenting results and recommendations to clients
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree – preferably an educational background in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or other related discipline with a solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods
In addition to expertly meeting the requirements outlined above, your success will be measured on our eight Core Values:
AnswerLab’s Core Values:
- Build trust
- Provide amazing service
- Support and Encourage Inclusivity
- Jump in to help others
- Handle change with flexibility
- Innovate our products and processes
- Figure it out and get it done
- Make AnswerLab a great place to work
Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
Sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- This is a full-time position.
- No staffing/recruiting agencies please.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At AnswerLab, our mission is to create experiences people love. This means we strive to make our company a great place to work for people from all walks of life. Hiring people from a wide variety of backgrounds makes our company stronger and helps us achieve our mission.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit answerlab.bamboohr.com.