On May 13, 2021
A digital experience and transformation agency
About Huge Research.
At Huge, the voice of the user is baked into our DNA. Research is an essential part of every project we do, and is instrumental in generating insights, gathering data, and propelling thinking about how brands interact with users. We are looking for a full-time Research Lead who is passionate about understanding users and uncovering their deepest needs, and always curious about how the user and the market evolve in response to new technologies and designs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with highly collaborative work processes, and will bring innovative methods and thinking to the team. Our teams deliver a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and candidates should be prepared to take on anything from exploratory ethnographic studies to usability and taxonomy work.
Huge is looking for a Research Lead to join the global team. While Huge is based in Brooklyn, we are open to this role being based in any of our office locations (Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, DC, Oakland) or remote.
In this role, you will work across multiple projects collaborating with designers and strategists to develop test plans, conduct research, synthesize findings, and present actionable recommendations for both clients and internal teams. You may also manage or mentor other researchers, delegating responsibilities, and ensuring the quality of their deliverables.
What you’ll be doing.
- Design, conduct, moderate, and oversee user research across various projects (end to end)
- Collaborate with Designers and Strategists to set research goals and ensure quality research outputs and best-in-class designs
- Analyze research data and synthesize into actionable insights and findings
- Present research findings to internal team and/or clients
- Evangelize the value of user research internally and to potential clients
- Develop and share archive of research methodologies and cross-project learning
- Partner with research teams on the client side
- Define, lead, and publish internal research projects
What we’d like to see.
- Passion for research and an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to grow and shape the research group
- Experience with various research methodologies and tools and a keen understanding of when to use which
- Ability to adjust research approach based on project goals and constraints (anything from accelerated guerilla testing turnarounds to large-scale global studies)
- Familiarity with research software; remote ethnographic, bulletin boards/diaries, usability, taxonomy, basic surveys
- Familiarity with usability heuristics and relevant HCI literature
- Advanced reporting and presentation skills
- Expert moderation skills
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask
- Proactive, hands-on person who loves a challenge
- UX design experience is a bonus
- Agency experience is a bonus
This role isn’t listed on our website yet so please indicate when you follow the application link if you want to apply for the Lead or Senior position. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit www.hugeinc.com.