On May 13, 2021
Punchcut is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to remotely join our team on a 60 – 90 day contract. You have at least 5 years of relevant design experience, including designing for mobile, voice, and emerging technologies and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative agency environment. You think in systems, not silos, and are proficient at designing cross-platform multi-modal experiences. Your solutions are insights-driven and you can articulate your design decisions clearly and persuasively.
- Serve as Interaction Design Lead on client-facing projects and direct the work of Interaction Designers on your team
- Apply user-centered design process to solve problems in contexts that have little precedence
- Inspire teams with your vision for future user experiences
- Uncover key user motivations, needs, tasks and expectations
- Lead brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients
- Support lab-based and ethnographic user research and analysis activities
- Develop user experience strategy, vision, and conceptual UX models
- Develop use cases, personas, scenarios and storyboards, detailed specifications, and prototypes
- Collaborate closely with visual designers, motion designers, user researchers, and other specialists
- 5+ years designing effective interfaces for cross-platform experiences. Experience designing for voice, haptics, or XR is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience. Masters degree is a plus
- Experience leading or supporting user research
- Able to create clear, concise, innovative design solutions out of ambiguous requirements
- Able to prototype in different fidelities from sketching to high-fidelity wireframes using tools or code
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- You take your work seriously, but you don’t take yourself too seriously
Punchcut is a human interface design and innovation company headquartered in San Francisco. For eighteen years, we’ve worked with the world’s top companies to envision, design and launch connected products and services that engage customers and transform businesses. We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. Whether envisioning the next autonomous vehicle or working closely with engineers on next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future.
Well, what are you waiting for? Come design the future of everything!
Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit punchcut.bamboohr.com.